BPC-ACT™: The Next Generation in Bioremediation Solutions for Refineries
Refinery water treatment and purification in oil refineries is a critical process and the focus of considerable environmental efforts and corporate interest.
ACT technology offers solutions to the three main problems with conventional water treatments in refineries.
Overcomes Three Major Challenges
ACT technology offers solutions to the three main problems with conventional water treatments in refineries: Scalability, Speed of Response, and Sludge Creation.
- The flexible ACT solution can be used for varying amounts of water handling
- The process controls changes in conditions through a fully automated control unit.
- ACT™ eradicates the sludge handling stage eliminating the need to reactivate bio-sludge.
ACT technology creates a streamlined process that significantly reduces cycle time. By eliminating the DAF stage, ACTnot produce black sludge. The simplicity of the ACT process creates major infrastructure savings.
BPC’s cutting edge ACT technology enables effluent discharge of the biomass. No bio-sludge recycling is applied during the process which allows sufficient growth of the bacteria culture in the reactor.
The advantages of the new refinery water treatment process are:
- A bio-reactor that can handle various contamination levels including: TPH >1/PPM, COD < 30/PPM, BOD < 1/PPM.
- Clean water output that meets the standards for recycling or return to the natural source..
- Sludge by-product with reduced amounts of oil pure enough for dumping without further treatment.
- Nitrogen at acceptable levels for return to the natural souce.
- Several parts of the current process will be eliminated (DAF/DGF, nitrification, old bio-reactors, etc) creating savings of 30-50% in operational costs